Ms. CASS (Ms. IIT) is Imma Concepcion  Galeriana



You may still have doubts of your capabilities and you may still believe that you are not fit to be a pageant queen. Even after taking home the crown.  But here’s my say. It’s all in your head. Even if there were so many times  that you convinced me that you can’t do it, I kept on insisting that you can. You have told me a couple of times before that you wanted quitting and that you don’t want to represent PolSci anymore but I was unfazed. I can still recall our long text messages about me convincing you that you can’t quit. I remember wanting to give up and find another but for some reason I believed I’ll get to hear you say yes. And thanks to your mom, she had you cornered to say yes, yes to representing PolSci. Even before I knew, I had to be patient because eventually when you realize that you have no escape, you’ll be forced to do it. Only then when you’re actually doing it will you realize why I put so much trust in you on this. Only then when you’re up on that stage will you see how perfect you are for pageants. Sometimes, we need the eyes of others to see what we fail to see in ourselves. It has always been there: your talent, your passion and the burning determination I always catch when we talk about the pageant. You never believed that you could do it because same as any first timer you were scared.

When you are up in the stage and the feeling is bizarre, you notice you were not as bad as you thought you were. You thought you are not born for this but then as you see the people applauding because you did so well; and then you know that you were wrong. You are a queen which is why the crown found its way on the top of your head. 

This was a blog post that was dated a year ago. I was meant to publish this but for some reason, I failed. But here it is. A year late but the joy of being part of your victory is still as sweet as the chocolate I'm eating right now.

After a year though, so much has changed. I graduated, became a teacher but I'm so happy I still get to be your mama and pizza buddy. I always love our long chikas and the funny way you tell stories. I'm also happy that as you conquer IIT, I'm still part of the Imma's  backstage crew. I was not there but all the messages, images, and videos I received from my very kind friends, made me tear up. 

Look how far you’ve reached and how many people are now shouting your name. I am most proud to be there at the backstage and paint your nails and assist you while you wear your high heels. I am most proud to be a part of the inside team that made you confident enough to walk on stage. And I am most proud to be a friend that you can call in victory or defeat.

Congratulations Imma!

(This is my way of thanking you for all the things you've done for me!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog