Closed my eyes and Jumped
When they told me travelling
alone will be liberating, I want to scream at them and tell them how scary it
was and how paranoid it made me feel. I was excited, yes. I’M MOVING TO ANOTHER
COUNTRY TO STUDY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. OF COURSE I’M EXCITED! But more to that
excitement is the gut-wrenching feeling of losing entirely your comfort zone
and enter a gazillion times confusing maze. It’s kind of like entering the
level 90 of tetris of your brother but you’re still a Novice player in your own
account. So you get how fast everything moves right? It’s like they are in
their own fast yet familiar rhythm but you’re trying to join them but you’re
way out of tune. YET. There were so many
times that I asked myself whether I need a master’s degree or not and if I
really have to take it in Indonesia or just in my home country. But the
adventure is calling me, the opportunity is screaming right in my face in a very
deafening pitch and I just have to be brave enough to jump inside the plane and
pray real hard that this won’t get me killed.
What made me say yes to taking
this?
After all the years I spent stuck
in one city to earn a college degree, I was hit with the truck load of
realization how going back in forth my hometown and the University is a
routine. It became a comfortable place which I know will eventually make me too
comfortable to seek for my greater perhaps. You know what Alaska said right? In
the book, Looking for Alaska, there’s a great perhaps out there. Just have the
courage to search it. I’m not entirely sure if I need a master’s degree and if
I would feel a tinge of fulfillment after I finish this ride but I’m giving
myself a hell lot of pats right now. I’m taking the jump.
What made me continue?
Every day for the past weeks of
staying in Indonesia, I was asking myself if I can battle the daily
homesickness. I am miserable being away from my family and my friends. I had to
watch their videos on facebook as well as their pictures and all it reminded me
was how cool it would have been for me if I was there with them. But, this is
more than just friendships and family, this talks about academic and personal
growth. One that says I am brave enough to move forward knowing my friends and
family will always be there but this opportunity won’t knock again in the next
years. I might as well take the ride before the train leaves.
What is your daily drive?
When I wake up everyday feeling a
bit adventurous. It’s like a feeling of a first day at Hogwarts and you just
got home from shopping at Diagon Alley. You feel the excitement and you look
forward to what’s in the men for you. I wake up grateful and I wake up with a
replenished energy to continue moving forward knowing there’s a bigger puzzle
piece that will make sense of every challenge you get to face.
True, I closed my jumped on this one but this will be a truly life-changing
opportunity for me so hang in there. I’ll keep you posted.


Comments
Post a Comment