Our Dichotomy of Love and Hate
by: QPVT

       I know we never do agree. I cringe my nose at some of your infamous antics and I usually furrow my eyebrows when you raise your ideas. I yell at you for leaving the faucet on while you brush your teeth because even up to now, five years later you never get my hype on environmental conservation. You tell me that an hour to prepare for a dinner date is far too much and that I don’t have to curl my hair when I know I’m going to straighten it again the next day (As if trying to look good is a big crime). You never understood why i had to drink coffee every night and I’ll never understand why you put too much creamer on your Americano when it defeats the whole point of ordering black coffee. You sleep with your socks on (Even in a 90° summer night) and I hate it when you pull all the blankets towards you, I mean who won’t be right?  You asked why I had to sing so loud when I’m inside the shower or why I had to read the same book over and over again and cry over it. I nagged how you never use coaster when you drink cold beverages or when you don’t remove your boots when you enter our house. It pisses me that I always have to ask you what’s wrong numerous times before you crack open yourself to let me in. And I always laugh at how you don’t want to be disturbed or even get chatted at when you watch football.



     We are too different to be put in one petri dish of relationship but we did manage to work it out. We are far too imperfect to be in fairytale books but far too compatible that divorce lawyers run away at the sight of us. I may nag at you for 23 hours in a day but you never miss to kiss me every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep. You never ask if something’s wrong because you know something is so you cuddle up with me and bribe me with a cup of black coffee. You always make sure that the Kleenex is at arms-length when we watch chick flicks because you know my tears are on queue before the movie even starts. You understand that when I read, I’m not with you but inside another world that’s why you can’t dare to distract me because you know that’d be a failed mission to start with. You always wake up earlier than me every morning so you could make me a cup of coffee to start my day good. I love you for being the guy who writes me tiny notes and posts it in the kitchen refrigerator. I love you for knowing when I‘d need a caffeine fix and for understanding that often times I space out. And I love you for loving me with a love that makes me forget how much the world sucks, how much disappointment hurts, how much people could be the jerks you want to punch in the face and how much screwed up society is. And I love you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog